Tuesday, October 7, 2008

NIA GRIFFITHS

Wow, it felt cool to write my name in capitals, gotta tell you! So, I'm here to do this whole 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF THROUGH A POST' thing that Mari's got going on.


My Blog


My Fictionpress Account


My Fanfiction Account


So, I'm Nia. Or, Nia Griffiths - formerly known as most hated, or [my school]'s resident pessimist. (It has been said often.) I'm fourteen, about to turn fifteen. I live in Wales, UK (IT IS NOT IN ENGLAND, GRRR!). I like being alone. This may have something to do with the way I fit in with absolutely no one, like no one fits exactly with me. My imagination is stronger than my grip on reality. I'm a pessimist, admittedly. I live for music. Well, I love to write. And I know I'm pretty good at it. I can sing well, and I enjoy reading. I have a Blackberry Pearl that's always with me, and I am utterly obsessed with Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga.

Now, those were just the little titbits, here's where I elaborate:

Yes, formerly most hated. I used to be most hated, but I think I'm neutral now - I guess. Go read my blog for more info. I sing quite well - I've got 3 grades in it (I quit this year, hurrah!). I plan to go on 'X Factor' next year. Oh, joy! The Twilight Saga is my escape - it is what I spend my time writing fanfiction about. My ipod is currently my best friend. It's a shuffle, and I've got my (other) best friend's pink earphones in it now, cause Nath (aforementioned best friend) has my black 'uns.
I write too much. I've got a fictionpress account, a blog, and a fanfiction account. All are up there, somewhere ^. I'm currently working (and by that, I mean procrastinating, agh) on my own novel, which may or may not be called Shadows.

Here's the 'teaser' blurb:
----

Every person has some darkness in them. We define ourselves by whether we touch it. We define ourselves by how we use it.

Twins Celeste and Pandora Star have as much darkness as everyone else. They'll define themselves by whether they use it.

But they're not the ones defining themselves: they're defining each other.

How long will it take before they break?


-----

Yeah, so Mari suggested we give a sample of our writing. I don't count that little bit up there a sample, so here's a bit from my short story Disturbia, on Fanfiction.net. I'm still writing a bunch more stories, which are sure to come out great.

----

Jacob swiped at Edward again, his claws raking Edward's granite skin. But Edward was quicker than him. He held Jacob's leg in his hand...

And pulled.

Sinew, muscle and bone ripped apart, blood gushing from the spot where Jacob's leg should have been.

Bella screamed again.

Jacob let out a howl of pain as Edward tugged at his fur and ripped the skin of his back, exposing his insides.

Bella cried. “NO!” But her protest was strangled, her throat raw as the fire ravaged her.

Jacob knew he was going to die, now. He was hurting more than he could think possible, but it was not the pain from his wounds, though those were the most painful he had ever experienced.

Bella was dying.

And Jacob's pitiful attempt at sucking away the vampire's venom was not successful. She was becoming a vampire, whether he liked it or not. And he did not like it. He would rather die than live to see her becoming one of them.

And as Jacob wished, Edward sunk his teeth into his neck. Poisoning him.

Bella cried out again, not understanding the scene before her. Everything was happening so fast. She had felt his hot lips at her neck, a new, hotter than fire liquid spreading into her, and then heard the silent phasing of the werewolf. Blood was strewn all over the clearing, Jacob was howling in pain, his body mangled beyond belief. It was worse than any gory horror movie, but Bella could not close her eyes.

Edward, not satisfied with just tearing Jacob's legs away and poisoning him, was enjoying the feel of tearing his worst enemy's body up with his hands. Jacob let out one low howl, and then Edward held his hand around the limp wolf's neck. And pulled.

---

So yes, I don't write nice. I don't like writing nice; life isn't always nice. Well, there goes my too-long introductory post. Thank you for reading, if you've gotten this far. Hope you enjoy the rest of the introductions - they're all waaaaay more interesting than myself.

-Nia


2 comments:

Marri said...

I demand a copy of that novel when its finished!!


love you!!

Marri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.