Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Places To Go, Secrets To Keep; Chapter 20; teaser.

“Uh, Bella.” I said awkwardly.

“I know, I know, my dress.” Bella giggled, blushing. “This is why I can't borrow them from Alice or Rosalie now. They always get damaged.”

“Yeah...” My voice trailed off as my eyes traced down Bella's legs; her gown had been ripped at about mid-thigh by a green laser that had unexpectedly flashed. Luckily, she had jumped away, saving her legs, but not her dress.

(A/N: Just in case anyone saw Get Smart [if not then go see it!], I got the inspiration for this scene way back from the movie when she ripped her dress in half. I'm not going to re-do the whole scene, just that the dress is ripped.)

I quickly brought my eyes up as to not let her catch me staring at her exposed legs...no matter how much I wanted to stare at them more...

I shook my head, clearing it somewhat. “At least we got passed that, right?”

“Ye—” Bella stopped talking abruptly as we heard footsteps. Her body stiffened as we heard a man's voice. “Hide. Now.”

I searched the corridor with my eyes, and they landed on a door. “Here.” I grabbed her arm and started pulling her along.

“My heels are clacking!” Bella whispered worriedly.

I quickly swooped her up in my arms, bridal style and kept moving towards the door. I opened it to reveal...a small closet.

“It's all we've got!” Bella got down slowly, took off her heels, and pulled me into the closet.

The closet was smaller then it looked, leaving me pressed against Bella. The only sound was our heavy breathing.

“Shh.” She whispered, her breath fanning out across my neck. I shivered.

I tried to move for more room, I didn't want her uncomfortable, even if I loved where I was. But the only thing I accomplished was making my lips closer to hers.

The footsteps neared closer to the door and my breathing picked up, becoming louder.

“Stop breathing so loud.” Bella hissed.

“I'm sorry, I can't control it.”
{*}{*}{*}

What shall happen?? Check out the full chapter on my fanfiction account.

xoxo

-{mari}

No comments: