Don't.
Don't try changing me,
Don't try blaming me,
Don't try saving me,
Don't try fixing me,
Don't try scolding me,
Don't try preaching to me,
You're better off not trying.
——————————
Just This Once.
It's when you turn, and catch my eye.
And everything is displayed.
I can see you're guilty.
If only you'd say it aloud.
Just this once.
It's when we turn and face each other.
And we half-smile lightly, like we have too.
I can see you're sorry.
If only you'd say it aloud.
Just this once.
It's when you have to do something,
And it involves me.
I can see you don't mind it.
If only you'd say it aloud.
Just this once.
It's when I look, and see you there.
And you stop, and meet my eyes.
You can see I'm unhappy.
I can see you care.
If only you'd say it aloud.
This one time.
—————
My favorite out of those two is Just This Once. It's one of my top ones I've written. It's one of those works that you get an idea for and you write it out and you don't have to edit it because you already think it's as good as it can be.
I love those.
Anyway, this one is one of favorites, after 'Untitled', 'Pot', and 'When'.
I hope you enjoyed them.
xoxo
-{mari}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
the poems are great.
'just this once' kind of reminds me of two childhood sweethearts meeting again...
xxxxxx
They're great :)
I love "Just this once".
It's one of my favourites, that you've written.
xxxx
Very talented writing at play here. I shall follow.
Thank you for the comment on my blog. I may post an excerpt eventually.
I'm not too big a fan of fanfics, but I do like poetry. =]
~J*~
Post a Comment