Tuesday, January 27, 2009

If Anyone Asks...

If Anyone Asks...

If anyone asks, say I'm in the stall to the left.
Tell them I'm busy and not to come in.
Tell them not to worry about my bloodshot eyes, Reassure them that I'm fine.
Fake it for me, baby.
Surely you've picked up a couple of tricks from me.
Do this for me.
Make me proud, baby.

If anyone asks, say I'm at the table to the right.
Tell them if they come over, expect a fight.
Tell them I have my back to them for a reason;
Away from the light.
Don't fake it, baby.
Surely you know what it did to me.
Do this for me.
Make me proud, baby.

If anyone asks, tell them not to ask again.
Tell them I don't need their help.
Tell them I don't want their help.
Don't fake it for me, baby.
Surely they've picked up on the lies by now.
Do this last thing for me, baby.
Make me proud.
———

I wrote the first paragraph a while ago, and I decided to make it a song-like poem. Here's what I have so far.

I may add to it...

xoxo

-{mari}

3 comments:

ni said...

Absolutely loveeeee it!
My favourite EVER!

mia said...

omggg i love it mari! :D

mia said...

omggg i love it mari! :D